Design and Construction Manager
The Dog Stop's Construction and Design Manager will be expected to work hand in hand with franchisees, with the purchasing and installation of equipment packages in new stores, the maintenance of current stores, as well as the design and construction planning for all new stores. This position will also manage inventory purchases and the procurement of all construction/build out related items for all new and existing stores.
It is The Dog Stop’s responsibility to ensure that each new Franchisee’s location is built to our specifications. We do this by training our Franchisees to accurately follow our Design and Construction Manual and defined process of architect plan review and approval. The hired candidate will be primarily responsible for working together with Franchisees and Architects on each phase of the store layout (floor plan) design, drawing submittals, and architect plan reviews and approval process for each new building project. Additionally, they will have experience in the construction project management field and be able to provide advice and support to architects and GC’s during their build-out in order to assure the stores are built to our specifications and using our required vendors and products. Finally, this position will coordinate all equipment, lighting, flooring, and necessary features, ensuring timely delivery for each new location. They will manage vendor relationships, follow and “remotely” monitor all active construction and equipment projects, and coordinate weekly status reports for open projects to communicate internally to our support team.
This position is responsible for managing and updating all design, build out, furniture, fixture and equipment guides for The Dog Stop. This individual must ensure that all updated materials, resources, specs and compliance standards are released to our network. Lastly, they are responsible for holding all brand standards pertaining to design and equipment directly while also supporting the store operations team through audits and store visits.
- Review and edit architectural drawings to meet our design requirements using the approved and most up to date required Design and Construction Manual
- Review, learn and implement the Design and Construction Manual – this includes managing, enforcing and maintaining the Design and Construction Manual
- Take part in the coordination of internal design - you will need a good understanding of the design and delivery of the project
- Support the onboarding of new Contractors, Architects and Construction related vendors. Ensuring that all 3rd party vendors complete a 3rd party Master Supplier NDA form.
- Review CAD drawings, preliminary drawings, construction plans, building permit plans and ME drawings.
- Create schematic plans for every store during their phase 1 site selection. May require multiple schematics for a single site and/or multiple schematics for a single group during their search.
- Ensures proper information is collected and reviewed for site approvals
- Properly archiving of all CAD, LL Brochures with Site information, all construction documents for every site including any that may not move forward.
- Properly archiving all build out resources for a new store including all progress photos, construction plans, LL brochures/site information, build-out costs, sound reports, and critical correspondences.
- Manage the installation and communications of required AV/IT vendor - MAE
- Monitors and tracks the status of equipment ordering and installation on a daily basis, ensuring that all stores are appropriately scheduled their full equipment without any delays.
- Monitors the preparation of purchase orders for equipment packages
- Monitors and coordinates the reconciliation of vendor accounts at the end of the month including any outstanding receivables from leasers or franchisees for initial store orders
- Responsible for triggering full payments for store start-up packages
- Direct point of contact for contractors and third-party vendors related to store design and build-out
- Oversees construction design and timelines
- Oversees, manages, purchases, and approves all equipment installations for all new and open stores
- Validates all construction design touch points
- Validates all store compliance touch points pertaining to design, graphics, paint schedules and equipment
- Coordinates all interior graphics, exterior graphics and signage
- Main point of contact for vendors related to construction purchases (lighting, flooring, equipment, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience of related experience or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create and manage budgets, set forecasts and manage costs
COMPETENCIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS
This candidate will work as a liaison between the Franchisee, Architect, Designer, and Contractors to facilitate communication, decision-making and problem solving. Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills required. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be a good team player, as you will be working with a variety of individuals.
- Candidate must have good time management skills and be able to communicate design concepts.
- A basic understanding of creating & manipulating graphics and marketing
- The ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, with a flexible and dynamic approach to individual projects.
- Site survey experience
- Work well under pressure within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Strong understanding of AUTO CAD architect drawings
- Strong understanding of design fit and finishes as it relates to design/brand compliance
- Must be aware of general building regulations
- Must be experienced in construction techniques, as well as design and engineering skills
- Must be able to review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure all specifications and regulations are being followed
- Must be able to negotiate contracts and manage vendors
This is a full-time position.
This will require travel to the corporate sites for site inspections, contract tendering and contractor meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.