The Dog Stop® is looking for enthusiastic Canine Handlers to join their team. Knowledge of the dog care industry is a plus but not required provided the candidate is capable of quickly learning the ins and outs of dog behavior and our range of services. We do require a positive attitude, outgoing personality, dedication to providing an unparalleled experience for our clientele, and, of course, a love of dogs.
Be advised this is a very physical, active position. Employee will be expected to remain on his/her feet for six-eight hours and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervising and directing safe and positive dog play
- Maintaining a clean and healthy environment for dogs, which includes heavy cleaning of kennels and playrooms
- Completing periodic virtual training to ensure up-to-date knowledge of animal care and safety as well as the business
- Clear communication with shift managers
- Ensuring dogs and their owners feel comfortable and are receiving the level of service they’ve come to expect from The Dog Stop
- Contributing to a positive team environment
You’ll find many great benefits awaiting you at The Dog Stop®:
- Discount on all retail products
- Free and discounted services
- Bring your dog to work!
- A fun and exciting work environment
Respond with your résumé today to join a great team working to provide the best dog care available in this booming industry.