The Dog Stop is seeking Hardworking, Organized, and Self-Motivated Assistant Manager. Must be enthusiastic with extensive retail, customer service, and management experience. Knowledge of the dog care industry is a requirement. We require a positive attitude, outgoing personality, dedication to providing an unparalleled experience for our clientele, and of course the Love of Dogs is a must.
Work Schedule: Full-Time
You will serve as the Assistant Manager to the General Manager for The Dog Stop West Broad Street Location.
You will be responsible for maintaining accountability and safety for a team of up to 20 employees and all of our canine guests! We are a fast-paced business, and the candidate should be prepared to spend the entire shift on his/her feet. Multi-tasking and maintaining organization skills in a busy environment is a requirement.
Primary functions include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the Safety of the customer dogs
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Upholding and setting the example for our company values
- Overseeing training and developing of team members
- Creating and overseeing the maintenance of store social media presence
- Maintaining and monitoring store merchandise products
- Overseeing Inventory and Supply Chain Management
- Providing the highest level of customer service to our clients, including managing any customer complaints made in person, on the phone, via email or social media, and through our online customer satisfaction rating system
- Invoice customer purchases accurately, as well as monitor accountability of team in the store
- Provide client tours
- Manage client database and corresponding filing
- Plan and participate in community events
- Follow the health and safety policies with regard to the dogs and the team members.
- All employees must adhere to all The Dog Stop Policies and Procedures.
Successful candidates must have a genuine affinity for dogs; they are the nucleus of our business! We prefer candidates with the following attributes:
- Minimum of two years of direct Management or Supervisory role work experience of a team of 5 or more employees
- Minimum of two years of experience in retail and customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to train and develop team members
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Able to work flexible work shifts, including weekends.
Reliable transportation is a Requirement.